JCDecaux’s proposed acquisition of APN Outdoor in Australia
Update on JCDecaux’s proposed acquisition of APN Outdoor in Australia
Paris, October 18th, 2018 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces that the Federal Court of Australia (NSW) (the Court) has approved the scheme of arrangement in relation to the APN Outdoor transaction (the Scheme).
APN Outdoor has confirmed that an office copy of the Court orders has been lodged with ASIC pursuant to section 411(10) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and accordingly the Scheme is now legally effective.
APN Outdoor shares have ceased trading on the Australian Securities Exchange at the close of trade on October 18th, 2018.
It is expected that:
· the Scheme date will be 7.00pm (Sydney time) on October 25th, 2018; and
· the Scheme will be implemented on October 31st, 2018.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2017 revenue: €3,493m*, H1 2018 revenue: €1,643m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (543,050 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 215 airports and 250 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (356,320 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (141,630 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (672,220 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,290 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (77,190 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (26,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (18,650 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,074,113 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,033 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,040 employees
* Restated from the retrospective application of IFRS 15, applicable from January 1st, 2018
Domestique Consulting: Lauren Thompson
+61 2-9119-3078 – firstname.lastname@example.org