PPDS and NoviSign co-star to provide a showstopping visual performance at the Beit Lessin Theater using Philips digital signage
ATLANTA, January 2022: As part of a historic move to a new state-of-the-art venue, the Beit Lessin – Israel’s most popular theatre – turned to PPDS to revolutionize the way it communicates with audiences both inside and outside its new auditoriums, with the installation of 25 x high bright Philips digital signage displays.
A popular spot in the heart of Tel Aviv, the Beit Lessin Theater is one of the largest and most popular playhouses in Israel, entertaining locals with modern and unique productions since 1980, including popular stage shows from New York’s Broadway and London’s West End, such as Chicago and Guys and Dolls.
With the theatre’s ever-growing popularity, the Beit Lessin Theater recently relocated to a brand-new, 7,000m2 contemporary site, featuring two impressive halls – one large and inviting, the other small and intimate. Both boast uncompromised viewing and are equipped with advanced sound and lighting installations, hailed by the theatre as the most advanced in the world. To complete the entertainment experience, the theatre needed a digital signage solution, robust enough to withstand direct sunlight, high climate temperatures, and continuous 24/7 operation.
To achieve its ambitions and demands, Beit Lessin Theater partnered with PPDS, the exclusive global provider of Philips digital signage and professional TVs, together with global digital signage specialist, Screens TV, and NoviSign, for a custom solution to meet their unique needs.
To attract audience walkthrough, a suite of 4 x 55” Philips H-Line UHD displays were strategically placed facing the street from the panoramic glass front of the theatre. These ultra-high brightness displays were selected for their vibrant image quality in direct sunlight, ensuring maximum effectiveness and beautiful picture quality in any condition. The displays, which can be fully remotely managed and controlled, also provide peace of mind to the theatre, with FailOver technology meaning displays will always remain active.
Inside the theatre, 21 x 55” Philips D-Line displays equipped with built-in media players were selected and used to create an inspiring ‘wow’ effect for guests entering the auditorium.
With these displays, guests can learn about current and upcoming plays, as well as programme scheduling and ticket collection info. Custom software by NoviSign was configured to connect the entire suite of displays, allowing the theatre’s staff to update content instantly and easily throughout the day with both manual control and automatic scheduling. Full benefits include:
Gadi Domb, CFO & Founder, Screens TV, commented: “Marvellous image quality and impressive brightness in direct sunlight made Philips professional displays the perfect choice.”
- Ultra-high brightness: Spectacular 2500 cd/m² brightness ensures high visibility and pure image quality in extreme sunlight.
- Easy CMS integration: Content can be easily updated by Beit Lessin Theater staff using NoviSign’s custom content management system.
- Brilliant previews: Plays come to life on each display with both static and animated content for a truly engaging experience.
- Advanced scheduling: Multiple channels are utilised with unique playlists, day parting, take-over content and exclusive campaigns to further enhance the overall experience and red-carpet events.
- Remote management: First and second line support is covered through remote management and diagnostics, whilst playback reports are also available for individual content channels.
To learn more about PPDS, please visit the website here, or contact your local PPDS sales manager.