JCDecaux rolls out its new smart and digital street furniture
| Source: JCDecaux
JCDecaux rolls out its new smart and digital street furniture in the Hauts-de-Seine area of Greater Paris
Paris, March 19th, 2019 – JCDecaux S.A. (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that it has started the roll out of its smart and digital street furniture in 34 cities in Hauts-de-Seine (total population: around 1.6 million), under its new exclusive contract with the Department Council.
The 15-year contract covers the design, supply, installation, maintenance and operation of 108 street furniture units:
- 36 street furniture units at Department Council entrances: dedicated to official communication from the Department Council, they also provide live temperature, weather, time and traffic information;
- 72 latest-generation digital street furniture units equipped with Ultra HD 86” LCD screens offering unrivalled outdoor image quality: strategically positioned across the entire area, they alternate between real-time local information and advertising, providing useful information for the public and exceptional visibility for advertisers.
A third of the installation programme has already been completed (32 units), and the rest should be in place by summer 2019.
This is the first time that a Department Council in France has provided premium digital street furniture that incorporates useful and contextualised information, creating closer communications with its citizens.
Designed by Carlos Bratke, an iconic name in Brazilian architecture, these new modern and elegant street furniture units will integrate perfectly with the urban architecture and the diversity of the 34 towns, while offering optimal visual coherence across the department.
Consistent with its sustainable development strategy, JCDecaux has made strong commitments to control the environmental impacts linked to this new contract: eco-design of the street furniture units, optimised energy efficiency, less use of transport, conservation of resources, and analysis of the life cycle of the street furniture.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-Chief Executive Officer of JCDecaux, said: “We are delighted to have begun the roll-out of our street furniture in the Hauts-de-Seine Department, which will enhance our Ile-de-France network and expand our national presence. By placing its trust in the street furniture business model and our teams’ expertise in digital innovation, quality and sustainable development, the Hauts-de-Seine Department Council will enhance its reputation through the provision of premium, latest-generation street furniture across the majority of its towns.
The Hauts-de-Seine Department is already at the cutting edge of digital street furniture thanks to the key areas of La Défense, Neuilly-sur-Seine, La Garenne-Colombes, Courbevoie and Levallois-Perret. This new contract marks a decisive step in the digital evolution of our offering, broadening it to 34 new towns.
We are always working to expand our services and advertising offerings so that we can provide solutions that help to transform urban areas, for the benefit of cities, citizens, advertisers and their brands.”
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2018 revenue: €3,619m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (528,660 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 210 airports and 277 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (366,000 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (137,020 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (648,570 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (239,300 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (72,880 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (24,170 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (16,450 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,061,200 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,030 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,030 employees
Communications Department: Agathe Albertini
+33 (0) 1 30 79 34 99 – email@example.com
Investor Relations: Arnaud Courtial
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – firstname.lastname@example.org