JCDecaux: François-Xavier Pierrel appointed Chief Data Officer of JCDecaux
| Source: JCDecaux
François-Xavier Pierrel appointed Chief Data Officer of JCDecaux
Paris, 5th of November 2018 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announces that François-Xavier Pierrel has joined the Group as Chief Data Officer (CDO) on 5th November 2018. He will supervise the Data Division with the assistance of the Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers teams. These will also soon be strengthened with new members following recruitment that is currently in progress.
François-Xavier Pierrel is 43 years old and holds a Masters II degree in Brand Strategy and an Executive MBA in Management and Communication from CELSA, as well as a Masters in International Procurement and a technical degree in Marketing.
He began his career in the telecoms industry in 2000, working in the sales departments at 3com, Panasonic and Chicony. For nearly ten years, his various roles allowed him to contribute to each of these companies’ digital transition.
François-Xavier Pierrel joined Microsoft in 2011 as Head of Adtech solutions for France and Benelux. In 2013, he joined Facebook as Head of Marketing Science for Southern Europe, before taking over as Global Director Data, CRM & Social for Renault in 2017.
The Data Division was created in May 2018 and reports to the JCDecaux Executive Board. It operates at an international level to transform outdoor advertising and the company by drawing on data collection, analysis, modelling and use. By placing data at the heart of its processes, the Group aims to develop more innovative and contextualised solutions for all JCDecaux’s partners: advertisers, agencies, cities, airports, transport operators, etc.
As an expert in using data to transform businesses, François-Xavier Pierrel – supported by his team – is responsible for:
- strengthening the Group’s global data strategy to deliver growth, taking into account each country’s specific features;
- rolling out this strategy while observing security and personal data protection rules (such as the EU GDPR), working with both IT and legal teams as well as all departments concerned;
- instilling a data-centric corporate culture.
François-Xavier Pierrel is based in Neuilly-sur-Seine.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2017 revenue: €3,493m*, H1 2018 revenue: €1,643m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good index
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (543,050 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 215 airports and 250 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (356,320 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (141,630 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (672,220 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,290 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (77,190 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (26,770 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (18,650 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,074,113 advertising panels in more than 80 countries
- Present in 4,033 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 13,040 employees
* Restated from the retrospective application of IFRS 15, applicable from January 1st, 2018