Billboard Coupons – The Secret Sales Tool
What is a billboard coupon you ask? A billboard coupon is simply a printed or digital design offering free time on one of your billboards. The length can vary from a week to a year, but generally they are short term and utilized on digital billboards to eliminate printing costs. If you have open space, they cost you nothing. They have several uses and benefits as I will explain below.
Who do I give billboard coupons to?
• Billboard coupons are great for helping your community. If a local charity is hosting an auction or benefit, you can provide them a billboard coupon to auction or raffle off to help them raise money.
• Hold a facebook contest and give the winner a billboard coupon. This generates tons of likes and shares as well as gives you a chance to up-sell whoever wins the billboard coupon.
• Offer them as a promotion for extended term billboard contracts. If an advertiser signs up for 12 months… they get a free month. They can cash in their coupon anytime during their contract.
• Have an advertiser that is up for renewal? Give them a billboard coupon for continuing their agreement for another term.
• If your local high school sports team wants you to buy ad space in the yearbook, offering a free week on a digital billboard can save you some money and give them some free promotion.
Things to keep in mind:
• It’s a good idea to set an expiration date on them. Usually, one year after you hand them out is plenty of time.
• To avoid counterfeiting, have the billboard company owner sign the back so if one is turned in you can verify it is legit.
• Numbering them and keeping a log of everyone you handout will help you keep track of who has them, when they are used, and if you need to followup.
• Always have the following “fine print” on the coupon: Based on availability, 1 billboard slot, 1 billboard location, no cash value, can’t be used in conjunction with any other sale or coupon, expiration date, etc…